We heard from Chloe Pereira, Breathe's new legal expert & employment law Partner, as we delved into the key updates and changes in employment law that shaped 2023 – as well as what’s on the horizon for 2024.
Keeping in the loop with legal updates and employment law can be tricky, particularly if you’re an SME.
With so many bills going through parliament at a time, it’s hard to keep on top of what and how things could change, as well as knowing when items pass as new legislation – especially when it comes to the world of work.
Hear from our experts, Chloe Pereira, lawyer and Legal Director at Outset, and Wendy Read, CEO & Founder of HR Revolution, who guide you through critical legislation and HR expertise to put to work.
Here’s a snapshot of what was covered:
2023 roundup: navigating change
- EU Laws – where are we now?
- Protection from Redundancy (Pregnancy and Family Leave) Act 2023 – further developments and why you need to stay vigilant
Anticipating 2024: looking ahead
- Employment Relations (Flexible Working) Act 2023 – what you need to prepare for summer 2024
- Workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Act 2023 – what’s the latest update and Acas new code of practice
- Carer’s Leave Act 2023 – what steps you need to take to get ready for April 2024